Autism and Scouting Radio Guest
September 27th, 2012 -Your Scout can be Successful in Scouting – Lindsay Foster is a dedicated Mom and scouter who believes that any child who is on the Autism Spectrum can be successful in scouting if given the proper encouragement. Lindsay talks about how scouting has been a successful avenue for all of her children and especially for her two oldest who are on the Autism Spectrum. October 4th, 2012 – Asperger’s and Girl Scouts – We take a closer look with Girl Scout leader, Lindsay Foster regardubg how scouting has been helpful for her daughter who has Asperger’s. We talk to Lindsay about her journey and how the Girl Scouts is open to working with youth of all abilities. October 18th 2012 – Juggling Scouts in Different Units What happens when you have different children and they are in different scouting programs? How do other family manage when the calendar is filled up with different scouting obligations? We are joined by Lindsay Foster and Erika Schron both of whom have youth in different scouting programs. We have fun looking at how to make it all work.
Lindsay works and resides in Texas where she works as a Computer Lab Instructor at Parkview Elementary School. She has a background in teaching and special education. She has three children all of whom are in a different scouting program. Her oldest son and daughter both have been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. Lindsay has a passion to help and assist youth to achieve the most that they can.
- Girl Scout Co-Leader – Troop 2702
- GS North Lakes Trail Service Unit – Media Relations Chair
- GS North Lakes Trail SU -World Thinking Day Event Coordinator
- GS North Lakes Trail SU – Earth to the Moon Day Event Director
- Boy Scouts Cubmaster Pack 319
- Den Leader
- Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
- Cub Scout Day Camp Director
Scouting Awards and Achievements
- Lindsay has received many different awards both within the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- Here is a link to a training that she had done for working with scouts with special needs. – Lindsay Foster Commissioner College Course