World Unit Locator
We serve all ages and abilities and promote 4 Foundational Pillars of Positivity:
One way we promote our mission through service is to help scouts, families and leaders become connected with autism-friendly units in their region. With the support of scouters worldwide, we are able to identify and share scouting units around the world that have committed to work with scouts who are on the autism spectrum. Please read the disclaimer about the units that are listed.
Autism and Scouting World Map
Please click on a region to locate and learn information about currently listed units (units coming soon). Areas which are currently grey will be filled with color when we get unit responses from those countries. As this is a newly added feature to the Autism and Scouting Program and to our website, please spread the word so this can become a valuable resource worldwide!
How to Get my Unit, District, Council or Program Listed
- Name of the Unit
- Mailing address
- Contact Name(s), position, email address and/or phone number
- Any Social Media Links or Website links for your program
- Any special information you’d like to share (optional)
- To practice inclusion and accept scouts into your unit of all abilities.
- To provide a sensory break area or have a plan in place to provide breaks for scouts that may need one.
- To show acceptance and work with each scout’s family to make sure they are also part of each scout’s journey. This also helps the unit leadership understand any strengths, learning styles, challenges or triggers that each youth may have.
- To provide youth and adult training on disability awareness at least once every twelve months.
- To be willing to learn about autism, ASD and any other co-condition the scout is living with.
The Autism and Scouting Program is happy to provide you with leadership and volunteer training resources upon request. We highly recommend having each scout in your unit have a sensory questionnaire or profile on file.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
World Unit Locator Disclaimer