British Columbia Autism Friendly Scouting Unit Locator
Units listed have committed to doing their best to providing a welcoming and accepting atmosphere and will establish best practices to make their units more sensory-friendly. These units have made contact with us and have agreed to the five points listed under “How to Get my Unit, District, Council or Program Listed” section below.
Listing of Units
14th Dragon Lake BPSA Scouting Group
157 Brears Road South
Quesnel, B.C. V2J 4G3 – Canada
14th Dragon Lake BPSA Scouting Group Website Twitter for 14th Dragon Lake @ScouterRic
They welcome both boys and girls from Kindergarten to 18+. They meet at Dragon Lake School – 2655 Hydraulic Road, Quesnel, British Columbia except during late June, July and August when they meet Thursdays at Legion Beach to canoe on Dragon Lake.
The offer traditional scouting with a focus on outdoor activities in a fully inclusive atmosphere.
How to Get my Unit, District, Council or Program Listed
- Name of the Unit
- Mailing address
- Contact Name(s), position, email address and/or phone number
- Any Social Media Links or Website links for your program
- Any special information you’d like to share (optional)
- To practice inclusion and accept scouts into your unit of all abilities.
- To provide a sensory break area or have a plan in place to provide breaks for scouts that may need one.
- To show acceptance and work with each scout’s family to make sure they are also part of each scout’s journey. This also helps the unit leadership understand any strengths, learning styles, challenges or triggers that each youth may have.
- To provide youth and adult training on disability awareness at least once every twelve months.
- To be willing to learn about autism, ASD and any other co-condition the scout is living with.
The Autism and Scouting Program is happy to provide you with leadership and volunteer training resources upon request. We highly recommend having each scout in your unit have a sensory questionnaire or profile on file.
Submit to email@example.com