Connecticut Autism Friendly Scouting Unit Locator
Connecticut autism friendly scouting units listed have committed to doing their best to providing a welcoming and accepting atmosphere and will establish best practices to make their units more sensory-friendly. These units have made contact with us and have agreed to the five points listed under “How to Get my Unit, District, Council or Program Listed” section below.Indicates that the unit has a Unit Special Needs Coordinator, Autism Support Specialist or similar position.
Listing of Units
Congregational Church of East Hampton
East Hampton, CT 06424
Cub Scout Pack 57 serves boys from 1st grade to 5th grade. They will be receiving the Autism and Scouting Leadership Training Kit.Cub Scouts Pack 74
195 Main Street
Voluntown, CT 06384
Cub Scout Pack 74 serves boys from 1st grade to 5th grade. They will be receiving the Autism and Scouting Leadership Training Kit.
How to Get my Unit, District, Council or Program Listed
- Name of the Unit
- Mailing address
- Contact Name(s), position, email address and/or phone number
- Any Social Media Links or Website links for your program
- Any special information you’d like to share (optional)
- To practice inclusion and accept scouts into your unit of all abilities.
- To provide a sensory break area or have a plan in place to provide breaks for scouts that may need one.
- To show acceptance and work with each scout’s family to make sure they are also part of each scout’s journey. This also helps the unit leadership understand any strengths, learning styles, challenges or triggers that each youth may have.
- To provide youth and adult training on disability awareness at least once every twelve months.
- To be willing to learn about autism, ASD and any other co-condition the scout is living with.
The Autism and Scouting Program is happy to provide you with leadership and volunteer training resources upon request. We highly recommend having each scout in your unit have a sensory questionnaire or profile on file.
Submit to email@example.com