Strike it up for Autism Acceptance – 2nd Annual Bowl-A-Thon
April is Autism Acceptance month and it is Bowl-A-Thon time!
To promote acceptance and help raise money for Autism Empowerment’s programs, services and Spectrums Magazine we’re hosting our 2nd Annual Strike it Up for Autism Acceptance fundraiser! Please join us for bowling, a fun raffle and the opportunity to pick up free Autism Empowerment and community resources.
When – Sunday, April 23rd, 2017. We will be at the center from Noon – 5 PM. Bowling will take place in two sessions.
The first bowling session is at 1:00 pm. – Check-in starts at 12:40 p.m. – Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your bowling start time for check-in.
The second bowling session is at 3:00 pm. – Check-in starts at 2:40 p.m. – Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your bowling start time for check-in.
Where – Husted’s Hazel Dell Lanes – 6300 NW Highway 99 – Vancouver, WA 98665 – (360) 694-8364 (for directions)
Cost to bowl:
- $8.00 for an individual (any age)
- $28.00 for a family/group of 4
- $34.00 for a family/group of 5
- $40.00 for a family/group of 6.
So that we can reserve your lane, we need you to pre-register by clicking the GET TICKETS button on our CommitChange fundraising page, choosing the option you’d like and checking out. (This allows you to choose the time you want to bowl and the number of people who are registering together.)
Cost includes two games on one lane per person and shoe rental (if needed) and the chance to win fun prizes! Every bowler receives a participation certificate and a goody bag! But wait, there’s more!
Prize Raffle: Raffle ticket prices will be $1.00 or $2.00 apiece and we will have discounts if purchasing $5, $10 or $20 at a time.
We will be having many items for youth, adults, and families available for raffle at the Bowl-A-Thon FUNdraiser!
50/50 Raffle Tickets: Two drawings. One will take place at about 2 pm and the other will take place at about 4 pm
eBay Auction Preview: We will be auctioning some higher value items at our Autism Empowerment store at eBay in late April and early May. On Bowl-A-Thon day, come see a sneak preview of some of the items and experiences we’ll be auctioning.
- If you would like to donate an item or experience for Autism Empowerment to auction, please email John at email@example.com.
- Buy/Sell and Support Autism Empowerment at eBay by marking us as one of your favorite eBay charities! http://charity.ebay.com/charity-auctions/charity/autism-empowerment/50668/
The sign up button will take you to our event page at CommitChange where you can sign up individually or for a team by clicking the GET TICKETS button.
How to Raise Funds and Collect Pledges
You can fundraise in multiple ways:
- Start a personal fundraising page for Autism Empowerment at the following link: https://commitchange.com/peer-to-peer?npo_id=4131
- Make a donation using that green donate button on the bottom of this page!
- Take a Bowl-A-Thon 2017 Pledge Sheet to friends, family and around your neighborhood or workplace to gather pledges. We will email you a Bowl-A-Thon toolkit packet after you register.
Businesses – How to become a Sponsor
We are eagerly searching for businesses to be sponsors for this event. We offer many different types of corporate sponsorship options. Please contact John Krejcha, Programs Director at 360-852-8369 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- The Joel Suzuki Series / Wavemaker Order (formerly known as the Spectraland Saga) – $300.00
Please email us at email@example.com.
Your donations will be helping all of our programs and services, some of which include:
- Spectrums Magazine – By the autism community, for the autism community. Spectrums is a quarterly print and online magazine with 10,000 magazines delivered quarterly to over 350 locations from Southwest WA through Salem, OR.
- Autism Serves Kids Care Club (Volunteerism) serves ages 8-17 and families.
- Local Community Autism Support Groups (SW WA and Portland and online)
- Social & Game Clubs for kids, tweens, teens and families
- SW WA Tween & Teen Social Club
- Friday Family Night Game Club
- Luke’s Journey Fund – Grant opportunities for families
- Autism Empowerment Radio Podcast (over 125 shows on-demand)
- Autism and Scouting – Inclusive leadership training
- Community Events
- Sensory Friendly Movies and Play Days
- G6 Sensory Friendly Jump Nights
- Annual Summer Picnic
The Sign Up Now button will take you to our event page at CommitChange where you can sign up individually or for a team by clicking the REGISTER button. Be sure to download and print your Bowl-A-Thon 2017 pledge sheet here so you can start fundraising right away!