Autism Empowerment & Autism & Scouting Radio Guest
Radio Show Appearance Links
- July 31st, 2013 – A Mom’s Perspective on Scouting
- October 18th, 2012 – Juggling Scouts in Different Units
- September 18th, 2013 – Erika Schron – Homeschooling Children with Special Needs
- September 25th, 2013 – Erika Schron – Service Dogs for Youth with Autism/ASD
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- email via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://
Autism and Scouting Radio
Autism Empowerment Radio
Other Ways to Connect
July 31st, 2012 – A Mom’s Perspective on Scouting – Many times people may not think that Scouting would be the correct thing for a boy who is on the Autism Spectrum because it may be too challenging. Erika has three sons who are on the Autism Spectrum at different levels in the scouting journey and she thinks that that scouting is the perfect place for youth who have differing abilities. Join us and listen to one moms unique perspective. October 18th 2012 – Juggling Scouts in Different Units – What happens when you have different children and they are in different scouting programs? How do other family manage when the calendar is filled up with different scouting obligations? We are joined by Lindsay Foster and Erika Schron both of whom have youth in different scouting programs. We have fun looking at how to make it all work.
Autism and Scouting Show Descriptions
Autism Empowerment Show Descriptions
Karen with Autism Empowerment Radio talks about Homeschooling Special Needs children with educator, scouter, entrepreneur and dedicated mom, Erika Schron. Ericka has been Homeschooling her 3 boys with special and gifted needs since 1997. During her family’s many years of homeschooling and their journey with multiple neuro-developmental difficulties, Erika enjoys sharing her experiences through many different educational methods, curricula, therapies and research.
In 1999, Erika began advocating, consulting, writing & speaking about Homeschooling Special Needs children with a focus on the Autistic Spectrum and Sensory Processing Disorder by starting Journey of Learning Academy. http://
September 25th, 2013 – Ericka Schron – Service Dogs for youth with Autism/ASDAutism Empowerment Radio welcomes back Erika Schron, founder of Journey of Learning Academy and owner of Cherished Chiweenie Companions.Cherished Chiweenie Companions breed small service animals for children with Autism, ASD and other special needs. Chiweenies are Chihuahua and Dachshund mixes and make great family pets, companions and service animals! They’re also doggone cute!During her family’s many years of homeschooling and their journey with 3 children with multiple neuro-developmental difficulties, Erika enjoys sharing her experiences through many different educational methods, curricula, therapies and research.
Erika has been homeschooling her 3 boys all with special and gifted needs since 1997. In 1999, she began advocating, consulting, writing and speaking about homeschooling special needs youth with a focus on the Autism Spectrum and Sensory Processing Disorders through her work with the Journey of Learning Academy. Erika loves the outdoors and being an autism advocate.
- Committee Member – Treasurer
- Committee Member – Secretary
- Merit Badge Counselor
- Many other roles within the Troop and Pack
Awards and Achievements
- California Homeschool Newtork Special Needs Contact 2002 – 2005
- California Unlocking/Autism State Rep 2003 – 2007
- Published Author
- Moderator of several Yahoo groups: ASLearningAtHome, Homeschoolingboys-CA and SpecialNeedsHSCA
- Erika is a dedicated volunteer and somebody that is willing to step up and help.