Gambia – West Africa Scouting Unit Locator
We are proud to be a featured program of Autism Empowerment serving scouting families in over 50 countries.
We serve all ages and abilities and promote 4 Foundational Pillars of Positivity:
Gambia – West Africa Autism Friendly Scouting Units
Listing of Units
The Serrekunda Unit is part of the The Gambia Scout Association and has 65 scouts and 9 leaders. They are dedicated to be welcoming to all scouts of all abilities. The leader Omar wants to spread Autism Awareness and Acceptance to all of the units in Gambia. He wants to assist teaching both the youth and adults about Autism. The unit meets in a local school and you can contact Omar for more information.
How to Get my Unit, District, Council or Program Listed
- Name of the Unit
- Mailing address
- Contact Name(s), position, email address and/or phone number
- Any Social Media Links or Website links for your program
- Any special information you’d like to share (optional)
- To practice inclusion and accept scouts into your unit of all abilities.
- To provide a sensory break area or have a plan in place to provide breaks for scouts that may need one.
- To show acceptance and work with each scout’s family to make sure they are also part of each scout’s journey. This also helps the unit leadership understand any strengths, learning styles, challenges or triggers that each youth may have.
- To provide youth and adult training on disability awareness at least once every twelve months.
- To be willing to learn about autism, ASD and any other co-condition the scout is living with.
The Autism and Scouting Program is happy to provide you with leadership and volunteer training resources upon request. We highly recommend having each scout in your unit have a sensory questionnaire or profile on file.
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org