United States Unit Locator
Autism and Scouting is proud to be a featured program of Autism Empowerment serving scouting families in countries all over the world.
We serve all ages and abilities and promote Four Foundational Pillars of Positivity:
United States Autism Friendly Scouting Unit Locator
Autism and Scouting Locator Map
Please click on a region to locate and learn information about currently listed units. New units are added approximately once per week so please check back often!States in light green have at least one unit listed. Units will be added to the map as we receive responses from the United States scouting community. We have over 200 units listed so far. Please spread the word!
How to Get my Unit, District, Council or Program Listed
- Name of the Unit
- Mailing address
- Contact Name(s), position(s), email address and/or phone number
- Any Social Media Links or Website links for your program (if applicable)
- Any special information you’d like to share (optional)
- To practicing inclusion and accepting scouts into your unit of all abilities.
- To provide a sensory break area or have a plan in place to provide breaks for scouts that may need one.
- To show acceptance and work with each scout’s family to make sure they are part of the scout’s journey. This also helps the unit leadership understand any challenges or triggers that the scout may have.
- To provide youth and adult training on disability awareness at least once every twelve months.
- Be willing to learn about autism and any other disability or co-condition the scout is living with.
The Autism and Scouting Program is happy to provide you with leadership and volunteer training resources upon request. We highly recommend having each scout in your unit have a sensory questionnaire or profile on file.
Please submit to email@example.com