501 SE Ellsworth Rd
Vancouver, WA 98664
SW WA Dads’ Autism Support Group
Autism Support Group for Dads & Male Caregivers
For the past four years, Autism Empowerment has hosted and facilitated a support group for dads and male caregivers living or working in the Southwest Washington area. Men from the Portland area or outside this region are also welcome to attend.
Casual – Impactful – Meaningful Support
Monthly casual meetings with periodic events and other connection opportunities
Open to Dads and male caregivers who are supporting children, teens and adults of all abilities on the autism spectrum and/or with neurological differences. This is a peer to peer group and topics range widely but often include: parenting, school, employment, social opportunities, healthcare, housing, guardianship and community resources.
We also occasionally bring in guest speakers.
Free free to also join our online Facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aedadssupport/
- When: 3rd Friday of scheduled months from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Stephen’s Place, 501 SE Ellsworth Road, Vancouver, WA 98664 (new location as of October 2017)
- Parking available in front and side. Meeting is in front conference room.
- Bring: Yourself and any resources you might like to share
- Snacks, beverages and sponsorship provided by Autism Empowerment with space provided by Stephen’s Place
- Cost is free, however donations to Autism Empowerment are always appreciated and tax-deductible.
Upcoming Monthly Meeting Schedule for 2018 (subject to change)
- NO MEETING on Friday, February 16th
- Friday, March 16th
- Friday, April 20th
- Friday, May 18th
- No Summer Meetings (June, July, August) – We will have other activities for you to plug into.
For more information, please contact:
John Krejcha – 360-852-8369 – email@example.com
Please join us at our next meeting! Newcomers are welcome at any time