Volunteer with Autism Empowerment
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Autism Empowerment. We are looking for volunteers of all ages and abilities wanting to make a positive difference for individuals and families in the Autism & Asperger communities.
We seek local assistance in the Southwest Washington and Portland, Oregon metro area. We also seek virtual volunteer support throughout the United States and the world to provide online project assistance.
At Autism Empowerment we recruit volunteers in the following areas:
- App and video development
- Audio / Visual Editing
- Community Outreach – Set up and clean up at panel events and exhibitions
- Administrative tasks – Resource updates and verification, staff support
- Graphic design and website design
- Reference Library Content Creators – Blogs, articles, video resource
- Resource Director Community Coordinator – Submit resources for your region for our SW WA / Portland Metro Resource Directory
- Special Local Events – Annual events such as the Easter Egg Hunt for Acceptance of All Abilities, one-time special events.
People volunteer for a variety of reasons including:
- Using their skills, knowledge and gifts
- The joy in helping someone else learn, grow and develop
- A call to make a positive difference
- Learning new skills
- Meeting new people
- Building work experience
- Having fun
- What is your reason?
We truly appreciate our volunteers. Your time, skills, generosity and spirit bring so much to support the autism community and really do help change lives for the better. When you choose to volunteer with Autism Empowerment, you are not only sharing your gifts with others but we think you will find intrinsic rewards you may have never expected.
For those on the autism spectrum looking to make a positive difference, Autism Empowerment also provides special volunteer opportunities within our organization through our Autism Serves program. This worldwide Autism Empowerment program also aims to connect you with volunteer opportunities in your area.
For inquiries or to be contacted when we are looking for volunteers, please contact: email@example.com